Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Pictureless

I love taking pictures.  A lot.  Its one of the best ways I can get my creativity out.  I cannot draw.  I love to paint--but not being able to draw somewhat stiffles that.  That and not having done it in a very long time.  I like to be creative.  So I take pictures.  My camera is my friend.

But too often I use it as a way to hide.  A way to not be in the moment.  To be on the fringes.  Capturing the joy of others.

Not last night.  Last night I laughed.  Last night I hugged.  Last night I was there.

So there are no pictures.  Just the memory of wine and laughter and tears.  Just the memory of good jokes and good friends and candle light.  Just the memory of hugs and puppy dogs and evenings spent together.  As a community.

There are no pictures.  But I think this time what I have is better.

I'm grateful for nights like those.  And for them.  Each of them.

Gratefully yours--
Emily

No comments: