Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Home, Hearth, Home,

I have no pictures for you today.

But I am thankful.  For friends who save lives.  For friends whose lives have been saved.  For heart surgeries gone right and doctors who are smart and competent (although they could be a bit nicer).

For jobs well done.  And for moments to sit by the fire and warm my tired feet.  Even if it wasn't my fire.  And I didn't get to remove my shoes.

I am thankful for time to actually do sermon prep.  And for ideas of what to say.  I'm thankful to have two jobs that I love sometimes--even if they both decide to be stressful at once.

And I'm thankful to write.  Sometimes beautifully, sometimes not. Regardless its always a release.  The stress goes from my fingers into the computer.  Its more lovely than a massage.  Promise.

And I'm thankful for you.  All of you.

Forever grateful.

Em

No comments: